Leadership is no longer a position inherited due to the fact that an individual has ‘climbed the corporate ladder’. There is no sense of entitlement, only the strength of an individual to use the knowledge about who they are, the knowledge about who the individuals in their team are and the ability to communicate a vision so clearly that the team is able to achieve more than they think they are capable of.
How do you achieve this?
- Servant hearted
- Eager to keep learning
Taking Personal Responsibility
- You are responsible for how you respond to everything in your charge. Take 100% ownership for what happens in your team.
- Be crystal clear about your purpose – the role you play and the why of your organisation/department. Have a vision for people to get excited about.
Developing a Plan
- Create a plan of how you will achieve your purpose/vision and ensure that everyone in your team knows the role and contribution they will play in the achievement thereof.
Leading with Passion
- Your energy will be the thing that the rest of your team feeds off. Think of ways to sincerely show how dedicated you are to your purpose, your people and why you are doing what you are doing.
Having Positive Expectancy
- Have the ability to see the positive in all you do and all that happens. Be open to failure and to rising strong.
- Be the role model for resilience. Show your team members that you can bounce back and coach them to do the same.
How will you celebrate/ show your appreciation for a woman on Woman’s day 2021?
Watch this video to get ideas of what makes a good leader.