Job TitleNew Business Development Consultant (Freight Industry)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
SalaryR30000 to R35000
Job Published16 January 2023
Job Reference No.711079619
Are you a passionate business development professional who excels at building long-term relationships? Have you worked for or are you working in the Freight industry and seeking a career opportunity with a highly reputable and stable freight company that values its employees? If so, we have the perfect position for you.
Based in Stellenbosch, the company is renowned for its exceptional reputation in the industry. As a business development professional, you will have the chance to join their team and contribute to their continued success.
If you are ready to take your business development career to new heights and work with a highly reputable freight company, apply today, and be part of a team that rewards your passion and dedication with excellent compensation, comprehensive benefits, and long-term stability.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Must be able to identify potential new customers and opportunities.
• Responsible for recording, maintaining and growing new business.
• Focused sales mentality.
• Must be able to stick to the strategic sales strategy.
• Must be able to meet and exceed sales targets to contribute to the business.
• Sales pipeline management and feedback.
• Negotiating rates with service providers.
• Must demonstrate administrative thoroughness.
• Must be able to work closely with and support Operational, Administrative and Financial department.
Experience and Qualification:
• Postgraduate qualification will be beneficial.
• At least 3 -5 years of experience in a similar role where performance was measured by achieving a set profit target.
• Performance record and references of previous successes achieved in the growth of new business.
• Any current customer base that can be brought over would be very beneficial.
• Air cargo experience and knowledge in African operations would be very beneficial, but is not essential if you have what it takes to learn the industry and hit the ground running fairly quickly.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good sales skills.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Building internal and external relationships is important.
• Positive attitude.
• Must be a self-motivator and ambitious
• Strong teammate
• Goal/Target driven.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Valid driver's license.
• Proficient in English and Afrikaans.
• Computer literate – Microsoft Office.