Job TitleFinancial Manager (Food Retail Industry)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 8 years
SalaryR35000 to R45000
Job Published07 November 2023
Job Reference No.3751441444
Are you tired of the hustle and bustle of city life and yearning for a slower pace in a charming small town? Our client is seeking a Financial Manager who is ready to embrace a new chapter in the picturesque town of Williston, Northern Cape!
Position Overview: As a Financial Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the financial success of this cooperative. They are looking for a dynamic individual who possesses a strong leadership presence, a knack for turning businesses around, and the energy and patience to secure community buy-in. With 3 direct and 40 indirect reports, this role offers significant career growth potential, including the possibility of advancing to an Executive level position.
If you are ready to take on this exciting challenge in a beautiful small town, please submit your application to join their team. Your financial expertise and leadership could be the catalyst for transforming this cooperative's future.
Please kindly email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here.
Key Responsibilities: As their Financial Manager, your key responsibilities include:
- Driving the cooperative's financial planning.
- Conducting continuous risk analysis.
- Preparing reliable financial forecasts.
- Establishing and maintaining our IT system, fostering data-driven decision-making.
- Managing cash flow effectively.
- Calculating costs and optimizing margins.
- Determining optimal inventory levels and reorder quantities.
- Developing and applying necessary internal controls.
- Coordinating the preparation of annual budgets.
- Providing financial guidance on business development and strategies.
- Managing company secretarial and statutory work.
- Handling various taxes and statutory levies.
- Addressing short-term and other insurance needs.
- Ensuring proper and comprehensive monthly reporting, including management reports.
- Overseeing the payroll system.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, including shareholders, suppliers, customers, banks, staff, and SARS (South African Revenue Service).
- Acting on behalf of the CEO and Accountant.
- Leading and managing finance personnel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Management Accounting.
- An Honors degree in Accounting/Management Accounting/SAIPA/CIMA (an advantage).
- Successful completion of SAICA/SAIPA/CIMA articles (non-negotiable) (but does not need to be a registered CA)
- Post-articles experience (a plus).
- Experience working on SAP or similar system
- Experience in the Retail industry (desirable).
- Strong leadership qualities, leading through vision and values.
- Excellent communication skills to convey information and ideas clearly across various media and groups.
- Attention to detail and meticulous management skills.
- A high level of urgency and accuracy.
- Exceptional discipline and the ability to maintain it.
- A friendly, team player attitude with a warm heart.
- The ability to build strategic working relationships to achieve objectives.
- A customer-centric approach, prioritizing the customer and their needs.
- The ability to build trust with others, ensuring trust in both the person and the organization's intentions.
- Strong strategic decision-making skills, identifying key aspects and relationships relevant to achieving objectives.
- Perseverance, the commitment to follow through with action plans until goals are achieved.
- Proficiency in information technology, computers, and networks.
- A strong sense of honesty and a strict value system.
- The potential to develop into a CEO.
- Good health and a well-balanced personality.
- Adaptability and a "go-getter" attitude.