Job TitleFinance Administrator
Experience2 to 2 years
Job Published11 August 2023
Job Reference No.3472681697
THIS IS A 4 MONTH CONTRACT - YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO START STRAIGHT AWAY!!
We are seeking!! a dynamic Finance Administrator to join our team and make a significant impact! In this role, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial aspects of the organization, ensuring its financial health, compliance with regulations, and efficient use of resources.
- At least two years’ experience in accounting environment.
- Computer literate in relevant Accounting Software packages (SAGE 300);
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to work with numbers and attention to detail
- Proven knowledge of financial procedures
- Ability to respect confidentiality, effectively work accurately and in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Planning, organising and coordinating own work activities to meet deadlines in achieving the performance outputs of the Finance Department.
- Cash Book Administration
- Administer, monitor and maintain the Cash book function for the organisation
- Ensure that all monies collected are receipted and deposited
- Allocation and capturing of payments and receipts for cashbook
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Processing of direct deposits and debit orders and preparation of related schedules
- Reconciliation of cash and electronic payments
- Bank reconciliation
- Updating and reconciling the cashbook to the bank statement
- Administer, monitor and manage National Research Foundation (NRF) Grants
- Administer grant funding received from the NRF
- Administer, monitor and manage NRF project expenditure claims
- Process NRF online claims
- Prepare and update income and expenditure schedule for each grant
- Liaise with grant holders and the NRF regarding queries and administrative and financial requests for each grant
- Assist with all other externally funded projects when required
- Assist with the full function in the creditors section on a daily basis
- Assist with any other financial administration when required