Job TitleFood and Beverage Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 6 years
SalaryR60000 to R65000
Job Published08 November 2023
Job Reference No.298179485
Step into a world where passion, progress, and purpose intertwine. This highly acclaimed establishment is a sanctuary of elegance and innovation that transcends traditional hospitality. Here, they don't just redefine luxury; they redefine the employee experience. This establishment is not only a place where guests feel pampered and valued but also a haven where employees thrive, supported by their unwavering commitment to their well-being, community enrichment, and environmental stewardship.
An exciting opportunity awaits an exceptional individual to join them as their Food & Beverage Manager. They are seeking a visionary leader who embodies the essence of inspiration, empowerment, and results. As the driving force behind their culinary experiences, you will be instrumental in ensuring that service excellence remains their hallmark, while upholding impeccable standards and surpassing financial targets.
Please kindly email your suitable CV to email@example.com or please apply here.
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Translate the business strategic priorities into F&B divisional strategy, goals & objectives.
2. Managing the F&B footprint in its entirety which includes all restaurant outlets, beverage, room service and conferencing & events operations.
3. Leading the team to deliver outstanding guest and staff service experiences and performance.
4. Managing the F&B budget and achieving operational profitability by driving sales targets and managing costs.
5. Aligning the food and beverage menu offerings, promotions and events with the F&B strategy and customer goals
6. Setting and maintaining food and beverage service standards and processes.
7. Ensure all staff are trained and can offer world class service to their guests.
8. Lead a large team of people, building teamwork and personal accountability and thereby promoting staff engagement retention and succession plans.
9. Managing staff processes such as personal presentation, recruitment, performance and conduct
10. Manage key supplier relationships aligned to the delivery of F&B divisional strategy
-A relevant tertiary qualification from a recognized South African or International Educational Institution is required.
-Cape Wine academy, WSET or Cocktail Bar courses (advantageous)
-Proven track record in executing operations across multiple restaurants, conferencing and events
-A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an F&B Manager role in a busy, high demand environment.
-Validated experience in a leadership role.
-Strong F&B operational background with experience (budgeting & expense control, workforce planning & rostering, trainee coordination & management, stock monitoring, IR, recruitment & selection, supplier management, daily administration, hygiene & pest control, restaurant management, etc.) at senior level
Excellent communication skills.
Proactive, decisive, innovative, creates support from others and is devoted to quality.
Client focused with market orientation.
Solid financial & business acumen.
Excellent knowledge of food and beverages including cocktails, wines and spirits.
Has strategic insight and is strong at planning and implementation.
Use of technology including micros / speed point machine, MS 365.