Job TitleSales Executive - Hybrid (On Consumption and Off Trade)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 5 years
Job Published26 June 2023
Job Reference No.2080658846
Excellent opportunity for a Sales Executive - Hybrid (On-Consumption and Off Trade) to join this strong Market leader in the Alcoholic Beverage FMCG Industry! This role will be based in Cape Town (West Coast and Surrounding Areas).
The Sales Executive position is a key role in the local commercial team within Inland Region and will be responsible for managing and influencing key performance indicators and driving volume and market share through the sales force.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identified and implement new business opportunities.
- Optimized customer services.
- Formulation of account reviews and plans.
- Manage and maintain assets.
- Plan, execute and attend promotions and activations.
- Monitor competitor trends.
- Grow menu listings percentages of the brand portfolio.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Increase the brands’ visibility in venues and outlets as per the guidelines.
- Anticipate customer needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Brief and train promoters on the brand guidelines.
- Monitor sales and depletions for the on-trade and off-trade market.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer database built & maintained.
- Call schedules developed & maintained.
- Daily / weekly / monthly planning.
- Market potential opportunities identified, prioritized, actioned & tracked (Volume targets / Market Share / In-trade execution).
- Promotions, Campaigns, & POSM planned, deployed & tracked.
- Key Customers seen as per call schedule
- Call execution & order objectives met.
- Additional opportunities identified and appropriate action taken.
- Competitor activities monitored and actioned against.
- Customer negotiations conducted as required.
- Information systems / tools fully utilized, Sales Force Automation
- Authenticity and currency of information maintained.
- Information security maintained in accordance with Company Information Protection Policy.
- KPI progress maintained.
- Expenditure controlled within budget.
- Reports generated, analyzed, actioned & tracked.
- Customer service ethos implemented.
- Customer relationships managed and leveraged.
- Third party relationships optimized.
- Corporate image maintained.
- Maintain customer needs by solution-orientated
- Sales standards maintained.
- Sales/Marketing principles and practices
- Tailored sales procedure principles
- Manage execution standards
- Knowledge of the liquor industry, particularly On-Trade and Off-Trade
- Able to build positive relationships
- Ability to plan, negotiate, execute pouring contracts
- Team player who can work independently
- Presentation Skills
- Self-Management Skills
- Attention to details
- High energy levels and drive
- The ability to deliver results, overcoming difficulties, anticipating the future of the business/work and driving change.
- The ability to find, implement and disseminate a culture of innovative solutions.
- The ability to put himself/herself in the “consumer* / clients*’ shoes”, understanding their current needs and anticipating the future ones.
- The ability to take effective decisions balancing market, products, financial and organizational issues.
- Travel: 80%
Qualification & Experience:
- Matric and completed 3 year sales/marketing qualification would be advantageous
- 3 years relevant FMCG experience in sales and marketing
- Experienced driver with a Code 08.
- Experience and knowledge of Formal On and Off