Gratitude in the Workplace
I think we can agree that we all want to be happy. There is no happiness without gratitude. It seems to be much easier these days to focus on what is wrong, negative and lacking. However, you have a choice, through your thoughts, to focus on whatever you want to. Start searching for the positive and you will find it.
THINGS TO DO:
End the work day with noting what went well
- List 3 things in your diary at the end of every day that went well.
Start the work day with sharing something that went right
- Set the tone for a new day by having a 10 minute team get together to share a victory.
Start a gratitude wall
- Make gratitude part of the work culture by starting a ‘gratitude wall’. Team members can add things that they are thankful for on a daily basis.
Deal with negativity
- Stop gossip and negative communication by simply acknowledging the comment and then asking for a solution, a better way.
CREATE WAYS TO THANKS COLLEAGUES, CLIENTS & SUPPLIERS
- Think of ways at the end of a week, a month, a year to thank people that have contributed to your position, department, and company.
Catch someone doing something right
- Train your brain to scan for the positive.
What are you grateful for?
Watch this video as a reminder of what we can be grateful for.